Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Gatekeeper's Sons by Eva Pohler

Audiobook tour button
4 of 5 Stars

Oh wow, where do I start?! I love this author! Eva Pohler has a gift for making the reader emotionally attached to the characters, in a matter of PAGES! I love the fact that she's an English teacher, I can be confident that my brain will never stumble over something in her books. Can't even stress how important that is to me, lol. Now on to the book!

Therese Mills is a 15 year old girl who watches her parents die, right in front of her. If things had happened just a little differently, she would've died too. In a coma for a week, with an amazing gift for lucid dreaming, Therese meets the gods Hypnos and Thanatos. Hip is fascinated by her dreaming skills. After one kiss, she about sweeps Than off of his feet, causing him to make a deal with his father Hades that will change both of their lives forever!

I loved this book! I can't wait to start the next one! If I did partial stars...this would get more than a 4. Not quite a 5 though, I save that for another amazing book this author has written. She really has a way with writing, from describing Than's first experiences, to the personalities given to Therese's pets, lol! I just love her writing and can't wait to read more. I, like another reviewer friend of mine, just don't understand how this author is not more well known! She is an awesome writer, and hands-down better than many of the more mainstream writers that I've read in my life! I hope this author continues writing for many years to come! I can't wait to see what she will come up with next!


Eva Pohler's Website    Twitter    Facebook    Blog    Bio



7/29 Review Hot Off the Shelves 
7/29 Promo Night Owl Reads 
7/30 Promo Chris Redding Author 
7/31 Review The Book Maven 
7/31 Review Words I Write Crazy   
8/7 Review Reading... Dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment